If you are interested in earning a little extra money online, then taking online surveys with Opinion Outpost is a good choice. Like all the survey sites we recommend, it must be understood that taking surveys will not get you rich, and any site that claims so is scamming you.
Also, before joining any survey panel, you must make sure the company is reputable. Having heard some good things about Opinion Outpost, I decided to dig in and see if it was truly a legit way to earn money online. Here is a quick summary of my results.
Opinion Outpost Review Summary
Want to learn more? Read my full Opinion Outpost Review below.
Opinion Outpost background information
Opinion Outpost is a online survey panel that works with major companies to connect your opinions with their latest products and services. In exchange for your valuable opinions, Opinion Outpost will give you points redeemable for cash or gift certificates in exchange for completing surveys.
Opinion Outpost is owned by Survey Sampling International (SSI), which is a large international market research corporation.
Who is eligible to join? Opinion Outpost Survey Panel is open to residents of the United States, age 18 or old.
How do I sign up?
First of all, Opinion Outpost is free to sign-up, and the process is easy.
- First go to the Opinion Outpost site.
- Then look for an invite sent to the email you submitted to finish the sign-up process. Opinion Outpost collects basic demographic information, so they can do their best to present you with opportunities that relate to you.
How do I take the surveys?
Like most other good paid online survey sites, the sign-up process is fairly simple. Once you register as a member you will get paid survey opportunities sent to your email. Now here is where Opinion Outpost really shines, each invitation will clearly give you the details on how many points you can earn and the estimated time it will take to complete. In addition to the points, every survey you take gets you an entry for their quarterly $10,000 prize draw. You can also login to the members area at any time to find surveys to take as well.
Do not be discouraged, you will not qualify for all the surveys. In order to get the points for the survey, you must qualify and complete it. Now there are no wrong or right answers, but it all comes down to demographics and the specific topic or info of that survey.
Why do I not qualify, and do I still get something for my time? While Opinion Outpost does their best to match you up with paid survey opportunities, you will not qualify for all the surveys. Sometimes the topics are very specific. For instance, while they may know from your demographics that you enjoy watching TV, the survey may be about a specific program you do not watch. They find this out with a few pre-qualifying questions to see if you're a match, if not then you still get an entry for their quarterly prize draw and normally get another survey to take. If you are a match, then you continue on and can collect the full reward.
How Do You Get Paid From Opinion Outpost?
- Most surveys take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to complete.
- Each time you complete a survey you can earn anywhere from 5 to 50 points.
- 10 points = $1. You can see your current balance by logging into the Opinion Outpost website. Also this is where you request your payout.
- Once you have enough completed surveys, you can redeem for cash or gift cards.
- 50 Points is the minimum for an Amazon Gift Card
- 100 Points is the minimum for an iTunes Gift Card
- Once you have at least 100 points you can redeem for cash via PayPal
Pros and Cons for Opinion Outpost
Now just like with other survey sites, you have to keep your expectations in check. If you go in with the frame of mind that this is something I can do in my spare time when I am winding down or just listening to music, then you will be fine. Why not earn a little extra while you are vegging out?
Opinion Outpost Pros
- You can complete most surveys in 10 to 20 minutes. In fact I find that the amount of time it takes is actually shorter than they say.
- In addition to email invitations, you can log into the Opinion Outpost site at any time and find surveys to take.
- They have low payout requirements as compared to other survey sites, and payouts are quick. Usually within two to three days.
- They have options for cash and Amazon gifts cards. Two popular options.
- They have a refer a friend option which can earn you $1 per each person that signs up and takes at least one survey. You can refer up to 5 friends.
- You still get an entry for their quarterly rewards drawing if you attempt but do not qualify for a survey.
Opinion Outpost Cons
- You may not qualify for some of the surveys. Usually you will find out fairly quickly so time is not wasted, but still can be frustrating.
- You do not receive any points for surveys where you do not qualify. They do however compensate you for your time with a sweepstakes entry for their $10,000 quarterly prize draw.
While I did not qualify for all the surveys, I was able to redeem 110 points for completing 10 surveys. Here is an example of an $11 payment I received via PayPal from Opinion Outpost's parent company Survey Sampling.
With time allotted for screen-outs, I was able to achieve the payout level in about 3 hours total. I used the strategy I recommend for all surveys. Take a few surveys here and there when you have some spare time, or when you are just lounging around after a hard day.
If you are interested in sharing your opinions on the latest products and services, and do not mind answering questions online then Opinion Outpost is a good survey panel to join. It's super easy to join, and the survey taking process is very simple and does not take too much effort.
OUR VERDICT: It's SAVVY!