Two of the common gripes about taking paid surveys is the surveys are too long and they are boring.
The team at OneOpinion seems to have heard those issues, and created a paid survey panel that people actually enjoy.
Not only was I able to complete most of the surveys in 20 minutes, but I found that I was actually engaged and interested in taking the surveys. Plus their member's area is top notch and definitely has the look of a modern website.
So you may be saying to yourself, sounds great but did you actually earn any money?
I will answer that question and go everything you need to know to start earning with OneOpinion.
Here are all my findings and my updated OneOpinion review.
OneOpinion is a market research company that was founded in 2011 by Hugh Davis and Keith Price. They started the site with a vision of creating a great online survey panel that members could trust. That strategy has paid off. Their parent company Critical Mix has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Plus, they offer an 800 number for their members to contact them. This shows they are serious about support for their members.
Who is eligible to join?
OneOpinion is open to individuals 13 or older for the residents of United States and United Kingdom. Individuals between the ages of 13 and 18 must get parental consent.
How do I get started with OneOpinion?
OneOpinion is free to join, and it's easy to get started.
- Fill out the Registration Form.
- Once you get registered, you will get a confirmation email stating that your application to join is being reviewed. They state it will take 3 to 5 business days to review, however I got my confirmation within a day.
- Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a followup-email and get an invitation to get started taking surveys.
How does OneOpinion work?
After completing the pre-check questions, you will be directed to one of OneOpinion's partners to take the survey. Each survey starts with some basic profile questions to size you up for the survey. After you answer the pre-qualifier profile questions, either you will be asked to complete the survey or you will be screened out and given 50 points for trying. You can Earn 50 points for the first 5 surveys you do not qualify for each day.
OneOpinion will send you survey invitations via email or you can login to their site and find surveys to join. The survey will usually start with one or two basic questions to see if you are paying attention. For instance, I got one where it ask “Which of the following states does NOT start with the letter A?” Then they gave me the following to choose from: Montana, Alaska, Alabama, and Arizona.
Upon successfully answering the basic questions, they will present you with a survey invitation that lists the approximate time to take the survey and the points that will be awarded. Also they will remind you to answer questions carefully, which is important.
It's not uncommon for some of the surveys to have questions designed to make sure you are paying attention.
If your profile questions are a match for the particular survey, you will be sent to one of their partners to complete the survey. If you complete the survey you will get the reward points that were specified when you started.
What are the surveys like?
OneOpinion Surveys are actually interesting and fun to do. This is what makes them such a great survey site. I take surveys on fun topics such as fashion, movies, latest TV shows, carbonated and alcoholic beverages to name a few.
Surveys vary in time, but most can be completed in 25 minutes or less. They also have longer surveys, and opportunities for product testing that offer higher reward amounts.
The common thing I find about all the surveys is they are well written and easy to follow. Plus, unlike other survey sites I did not find that the surveys had repetitious questions. However, like other survey sites they do add in questions during the survey to make sure you are paying attention. So be sure to pay attention and answer carefully.
In addition, OneOpinion does offer higher paying surveys that involve product testing opportunities from time to time. So be sure to say yes if you get offered one of these surveys.
How I get paid?
- OneOpinion rewards you with points for taking surveys.
- Point values for completed surveys varies from 500 points to as high as 3000 points. Plus you get 50 points for each survey you attempt but get screened out.
- 2500 points = $1. You can see your current points balance by logging into the OneOpinion site. They also include your points balance on each survey invitation they send you via email.
- You can redeem your points once you accumulate 25000 points = $25
- Once you reach 25000 points, you can redeem for $25 via PayPal, Amazon Gift Cards, or gift cards from other popular retailers.
Pros and Cons
What I like
- Surveys were interesting and well written.
- Screen out rate lower than other survey sites.
- Survey Frequency is good. I can take at least 5 surveys a day. That was plenty for me.
- You get 50 points for surveys where you are screened out.
- Good Customer Service. They have an 800 number for members to reach them anytime.
What could be better
- OneOpinion presents you with one survey at a time, so you have no way of just selecting higher paying surveys. You must complete the current survey in the queue to move on to the next survey.
- Minimum threshold of $25 to redeem payout, higher then the $10 minimum from some survey sites like Opinion Outpost .
Demographics play a role in your qualification rate for surveys. So you will not qualify for all surveys, and that is normal. I am 30 something married female with kids, and a full time employee. Here is how I did with OneOpinion.
I qualified for about 2 out of 5 surveys. That works out to about 40% rate for qualifications. That was better than what I found with the other survey panels.
Every now and then they threw in some surveys that offer pay less than 1000 points. Some of those were short and could be completed in 10 minutes so that was okay. But some took a little longer, and I felt like the pay could have been a little better for the time spent on those surveys.
Still I had enough higher paying surveys, that I was able to get to the $25 mark with ease. I received my PayPal payment within three days of requesting it.
OneOpinion Review Summary
Our Verdict: It’s SAVVY
Have questions, or just want to leave some feedback on OneOpinion? Share your thoughts below.